Saturday, August 21, 2010

Happy 14 month birthday Charlie-Anne!

(Charlie 14 months, and mommy, Bowen Island)













Tomorrow is Charlie's 14 month birthday. We are going to stay at a friends place at Black Mountain Ranch for 3 days, so we'll be celebrating there. Matt and I just finished our solo summer vacations, so we're looking forward to relaxing out of the city, all together as a family, and we're feeling pretty fortunate that our friend offered her place to us...thank you Leslie!

Last night I took Charlie to Bowen Island for the night. My friend Amie just moved into a stunning place there and another friend, Meaghan and myself, and our kids went for a sleepover. It was lovely. My favorite part was just watching all of the kids play together. I don't know what it is, but kids seem to know that there is something special about Charlie...they just seem to be particularly drawn to her, and they're so loving and gentle with her. It just melts me to watch Charlie interacting with other kids. She is so intrigued by these tiny people that run around at a hundred miles per hour, scanning the room for something new to put into their mouths. And she always chats more when other kids are around, and it's so cute, like she's showing off or thinking, "finally, somebody who can understand me!" And I realize that this is probably nothing out of the ordinary for parents of 'regular' children and that their children also react to their peers in the same ways, with excitement and vigor, but that's exactly why I savor it so much...because despite everything that is going on with Charlie and the fact that I/we can often feel so left out of the norm..it's so beautiful to witness Charlie developing just like any other child in a lot of ways, and that her likes and interests are pretty much the same things any other kid her age appreciates.

I am so in love with my little red head. She is such a calm and relaxed little girl who almost never fusses. This might be an unhealthy way for me to think, but Charlie really is my best friend, I spend more time with her than I do with anybody else...all day today I kept looking at her and thinking, "I would literally push, pull, or drag you around with me for life Charlie...and proudly!" And I would. I mean, obviously a cure would be nice, but if it doesn't happen, I will be doing my best to keep Charlie happy and healthy and here.

I'm gonna keep this short and sweet, we've got an early morning...Happy Birthday to my sweet, sweet, sweet, angel girl. I am so grateful you're mine. I love you more and more everyday Char, and so does your pops. Thank you for choosing us. xo




2 comments:

  1. So sweet, Cherie. She is such a lucky little girl to have you and Matt for parents.

    ReplyDelete