Friday, September 3, 2010

Muchas Gracias!

(Charlie, 13 months. Photo by Randal Kurt photography)

















This past Wednesday I decided to write a letter to some of the news outlets around Vancouver. I wanted to bring attention to Charlie and SMA as well as the Adventure Challenge my friends and myself are taking part in on Saturday, September 11th. By Thursday morning the Vancouver Province, Vancouver Sun, and City TV had called back! I knew that this issue and the challenge would make for interesting news, but I certainly didn't expect three outlets to call me back...and so soon! AND, both of the newspaper articles were out by this morning...and we were on the FRONT PAGE of the Province! So amazing!

Starting at around 10pm last night, after the online versions of the interviews were released, my email, my blog views and comments, and my sponsorship for the challenge began to blow up! Amazing what a little press can do! I want to thank everyone who's sponsored me, everyone who'd like to sponsor me but can't afford to right now, everyone who's emailed kind words and good thoughts, and everyone who is rooting for my family...I love that you love Charlie, but I can definitely understand why! She's an amazing little angel who has proven she's here to change hearts and lives.

Please watch City TV Monday for our interview from Canuck Place Children's Hospice.
I will leave links to the two newspaper articles and the adventure challenge sponsorship page, below. Thanks everyone!








7 comments:

  1. Way to go Cherie!! I am so proud of you! Charlie is not only an Angel, she's a STAR!! And of course, so are you! What a great idea! What time on Monday is the story being broadcast? I definitely will be watching. :)

    Hugs to you all!

    Linda xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cherie, THANK YOU for making the time to share your story, expose the Adventure Challange and the great things done by the amazing people of Canuck Place with the public. We too have a team in this years challenge, our fundraising efforts unfortunately don't compare to yours yet, but your angels are an inspiration to make an even larger effort this coming week and for next year - Thank you again! see you next Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Cherie,
    i reconized yours and Charlie-Anne's faces on the province from across the room at the bank today!

    i have been reading your blog for awhile and wanted to thank you for allowing me to get to know your family. so often i am moved to tears by your enchanting daughter. i hope i can be a more compassionate human being and mom because of your affecting honesty.

    cheers and good luck at the adventure challenge!
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cherie.

    You are an inspiration to so many. I read your blog last night and was so touched!! So glad to see you bring attention to such a rare genetic illness... I am donating to your adventure challenge and am inspired to be a better wife, mother and friend as you reminded me that life is too precious!
    Wishing you and your family many more wonderful memories together. Charlie-Anne is very lucky to have a loving mother such as yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cherie,
    I am a friend of Lori's and learned of your blog from her. I've been following you for a while and am truly inspired by you, Matt, and Charlie. When I saw you were doing this challenge I decided to write a short blog post about it and your family on my blog--so I wanted to share the link: http://mamabeing.blogspot.com/2010/09/sweet-charlie-anne.html Love and blessings to your family. Thank you for sharing this painful story and beautiful love for your sweet little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi Cherie,
    thank you so much for sharing your story. I read about you in the vancouver sun. Charlie-Anne is so beautiful, just like her mother. She is so blessed to have such a loving mother. Thank you for reminding us all that life is short and we have to appreciate the people in our life while we can. Your story is truly inspiring and precious =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cherie,

    I saw you and your girl on the cover of the local paper and realized that we both live in the same area and both have little ones. Thanks for sharing your story and being so open about what your experiences are. Your daughter is beautiful and your love for her is so strong.

    ReplyDelete